Hello Video Editor,
These are some of the things Liam looks for in his wedding videos.
For Highlight videos:
- We want you to tell a story, a narrative, of the day.
- USE 16×9 ASPECT RATIO – can you please use 16×9 aspect ratio and not the wider cinematic format.
- We like short clips – longer clips are boring.
- Use clips that have emotion and motion. We don’t like “static” clips.
- Try not to show our Team in any of the clips (no photographers or videographers)
- No camera shake – switch to camera A or camera B to avoid showing any camera shake
- Use slow motion a fair amount
- Add the couple’s names to the intro. Avoid any typos. Please use Raleway – Extra light font
- Use some of the audio during the ceremony (but not all the audio). Select the best audio (if there is any). Especially the “I do”
- During the party/dancing, use a faster-paced music, not slow romantic.
- Toasts/speeches – only use a very short clip if it is exceptional, funny, emotional. If not, don’t use it. The toasts are boring unless there is emotion.
- Transitions between clips – maybe use once or twice a prism or other effect as a transition between clips
- Audio quality – try to make it consistent throughout the entire video (so you don’t have audio spikes high or low).
- Color – This is Florida. Colors should be vibrant and not flat. Fix color correct as necessary. Especially skin tones.
- Fix alignment so that lines look straight and not crooked
- Special moments – try to zoom in or crop the clip to focus on romantic or emotional scenes.
- Music – please contact the client and ask for music suggestions if they dont request specific music please use music that we are able to post on YouTube (without a copyright problem)
- Logo – Add wedding logo for 15 seconds at the end of the video so that we can add a CTA (call to action). Find the logo at the bottom of this page.
- Wedding Logo – Use this wedding logo to add at the end of the videos for 15-20 seconds. It has white font so use a black background.
SAMPLE VIDEO – please watch this before beginning to edit videos:
STOP HERE – OLD INFO below
- No handheld camera. Always maintain the camera on a monopod, tripod, slider, hand-held stabilizer/gimbal, etc.
- Microphone – During the ceremony, First look (to hear their expressions), and other important sections.
- Video is due in 7-10 days. We have been having many issues with videos being delivered late by the video editors. We want to avoid this to deliver on time for the client.
- Please get lots of “B Roll” video footage. We often need to switch to B-roll and don’t have enough i.e. keep your 2nd videographer shooting everything: outside venue shots; all details; audience reaction, etc.
Longer Cinematic Video
Before editing call the client on the telephone. These are the questions we want you ask the client if they request a longer cinematic video (30 – 45 minutes):
- What parts are the most important? Ex. Vows, speeches, dances
- Because it’s a longer video, what other songs would they like? (Try to get three songs, one song being upbeat for the dance portion).
- In general include more of everything. Ceremony, speeches, dances, party, etc.
Perfect Wedding Video
The reason why we really like this video is because it’s like watching a movie. Everything is well done. The shots, the editing, the sound, just everything is perfect. We understand their pricing is high due to the quality they offer, but just aim to always improve your projects. Check out the description box to see the equipment they use.
Please aim to get something similar to this. It’s a perfect wedding video with no errors! It’s the perfect example :))
Video with Drone
If the client requests drone, we would like 3 different shots:
- Before ceremony, flyover of venue
- See from 0:06
- During ceremony, flyover of ceremony area
- See 1:48
3. During couple photos – flyover of them alone, kissing, walking, etc.
See from 3:55 on the video below:
We really like when you match the pace of the video to the beat of the music. Alex Rios did this one.
Example: at about 27 seconds at this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b17xcOxVW4U&feature=youtu.be
Please contact the office manager if you have any questions – firstname.lastname@example.org.